What are AA, Validation or Insight campaigns and how can I create one?
An A/A, AA or validation campaign involves serving a campaign on your site using SiteSpect that makes no physical or visible change to the end user. These are referred to as A/A or AA because the variant is no different to the control. You may even choose to serve a single variant to simplify data collection and analysis.
It is possible to very quickly deploy these types of campaigns in SiteSpect using the AB build flow and there are a number of reasons to do so:
- As a final QA step to validate a metric or set of metrics is collecting as expected. A validation campaign will allow you to monitor these figures at high volume and compare the daily capture totals against your web analytics.
- To provide insights into specific user behavior on your site. If you don't have visibility to this in your web analytics it can be helpful to quantify the volumes in SiteSpect. This could enable you to build a business case for a new feature or experience for users exhibiting that behavior or simply to better understand how visitors are using your site.
Creating an A/A, AA, validation or insights campaign is quick and easy:
- Create New AB Campaign.
- Name the campaign clearly to so it is obvious to SiteSpect users that it is an A/A, AA, validation or insights campaign.
- In the General section select the Overlay Set for campaign.
- In the Variation section populate the campaign triggers you need to specify where the campaign should deploy. If this is global for every page then a simple Page Source contains: </head> would be sufficient. Should you wish to focus the campaign in a more specific area of your site then alternative triggers would be needed depending on the sites URL structure. e.g. URL contains: /cart for the cart page or /product for product pages.
- Leave the Find & Replace blank to ensure no change is deployed against the triggers.
- Switch [OFF] the Variation Group leaving just the Control enabled.
- Review the Metric section to ensure the metrics you wish to track in the campaign have been included.
- Assess the Audience section to make sure the campaign is including and excluding the desired users types.
- Save the campaign setup.
- QA the campaign using Preview to confirm that the campaigns setup for triggers, metrics and audiences meet your requirements before activating.