OmniChannel supports a way to provide a consistent experience across devices
SiteSpect's OmniChannel requires a cookie that is unique to each user. This is typically generated with a login event, but can be extracted from another location such as a data layer and then a cookie created. The feature supports two objectives:
- The ability to provide a consistent experience across multiple devices when split testing.
For example, this means that if a user gets assigned to Variation Group "Display Banner - Bright Color Treatment", and then later the same user from another device gets assigned to the Variation Group "Control", on the next page view (or visit depending on your configuration setting) after the OmniChannel cookie is identified, the user will be put into the same Variation Group that the first device was assigned to.
- The ability to easily group users (that would otherwise be considered separate) together with the segmenting function in the reporting view.
To enable OmniChannel for a campaign:
- Select the three dot menu located at the upper right of the Campaign Builder page and select Advanced Settings.
- Check the box to enable OmniChannel for that specific Campaign.
- NOTE: When OmniChannel is enabled for a Campaign, the Assignment Frequency for that campaign will default to 100 (all traffic). This enables other devices to properly be attributed to their respective users.
If the OmniChannel option is not shown in the Advanced Settings modal, please work with your account representative to enable this feature at the site level first.