The Visual Editor provides a visual display of your website within SiteSpect, a preview of sorts. It uses a WYSIWYG window that allows you to edit components of your site and preview changes as you make them. It lets you specify changes without coding: without regex, without HTML, and without CSS. This makes it easier to specify Factors and Variations because you can immediately see the changes you make.
With the Visual Editor, you review your web pages, determine what you want to change, make your changes right on the page, and save your changes.
What You Can Do With the Visual Editor
The Visual Editor is versatile and allows you to make changes to the text and images on your website. With the Visual Editor, you can:
- Edit the text of a page element.
- Edit formatting such as font, font size, and font color, bold, italic, and underline.
- Edit the HTML code of an element.
- Swap out one image for another or add a background image to a page element that does not already have one.
- Save a collection of changes together in a group called a Variation Group.
- Add a new page element.
What You Cannot Do With the Visual Editor
There are a few things you cannot do with the Visual Editor:
- You cannot make big changes, such as moving an entire column from one side of the page to the other.
- You cannot add regex code to a page element.