SiteSpect's Export and Import features allow you to export SiteSpect objects from one SiteSpect Site and then import them into another SiteSpect Site. These features allow you to transport objects from a source Site to a target Site. For example, you may want to create some objects on a staging Site and test them out there and once you have refined them, import them to a production Site. You can develop a Campaign (including its Factors, Variations, Metrics, Audiences, Page Categories, and Site Variations) on a staging system, validate that everything is working correctly, and then export the Campaign (including all of its components) to a file. You can then import the file into the production system and make the Campaign Active.
There are two types of exports:
- Individual Component
When you perform a Campaign export, you can select to export specific Campaigns from your Campaign list. The export includes all Factors, Variations, Metrics, Audiences, Page Categories, and Site Variations that are associated with the selected Campaigns. Note that Campaign results data (i.e., user/visit data) is not exported.
Individual Component Export
When you export SiteSpect components, you can select to export individual Factors, Variations, Metrics, Audiences, Page Categories, and Site Variations.
To export objects:
- Select Site, Tools, then Export Objects.
- Select the type of export you want to perform: either Campaigns or Individual Factors, Variations, Metrics, Audiences, Page Categories, and Site Variations.
- Click Next. A page opens allowing you to select objects to export.
- Select objects by checking their boxes, or click Select All Objects at the top of the page. If an object depends on another object, you must also select that object if it is not selected automatically.
- Click Export.
- Select a location for the export file and click Save. SiteSpect saves the file to your computer. Export files have the extension SSX.
Importing allows you to upload a file that was exported from a different SiteSpect Site into the currently selected Site. SiteSpect does not allow you to import objects into the same Site that exported them. Importing is based on the following set of dependencies and rules. Specifically, SiteSpect honors object dependencies during an import.
- When you import a Campaign, you cannot select the Factors and Variations to import; SiteSpect imports all of the Campaign's Factors and Variations.
- SiteSpect also imports any Metrics that depend on the Factors or Variations in a Campaign you are importing.
- SiteSpect also imports Metrics that depend on Audiences and other Metrics if you select to import those Metrics or Audiences.
To import objects:
- Select Site, Tools, then Import Objects. SiteSpect asks you to choose a file to import.
- Click Choose File and locate the file you want to import.
- Click Next. SiteSpect displays a page that lists the objects from the file you selected.
- If you are importing Campaigns, you'll see a list of them. Select the Campaigns you want to import and click Next. If a Campaign row displays Update, the Campaign already exists in the target Site; importing will update that Campaign. If the Campaign row displays Insert, the import adds it to the target Site.
Note: When you import Campaigns, they are added to the Import Set, which does not allow you to change Campaign Status. Move a Campaign to another Set to launch a Campaign or otherwise change its Status.
- If you are importing individual components, select the ones you want to import and click Import. SiteSpect imports the selected objects and displays a message telling you that the import completed.