SiteSpect's Password Requirements
SiteSpect enforces the following password requirements:
- Passwords are confidential information; do not share them with anyone.
- Passwords must contain at least 10 characters and must contain at least one of each of the following: upper case letter, lower case letter, number, and special character (e.g., !@#$%).
- Passwords automatically expire after 90 days at which point SiteSpect prompts you to create a new one.
- New passwords must not match any of your previous 4 passwords.
Where do I change my password?
In SiteSpect, there are two places you can change your password:
Changing Your Password on the Login Page
If you cannot remember your password and want to reset it, you can do so from the Login page:
Click Forgot password?
Type your Username.
- Click Next.
After you click Next, SiteSpect displays a message telling you what to do next. SiteSpect sends you an email with a temporary password. When you log in with these credentials, SiteSpect takes you to the User Preferences Area. Continue from Step 2 in the next section.
Changing Your Password in the User Preferences Area
If you need to change your password after you're already logged in, use the User Preferences area as follows:
- Click your <your username> and then My Profile from the pop-up menu in the upper right corner of the page. The Password & Contact Info tab is displayed by default when you open the User Preferences area.
Scroll down to the Change Password section of the page.
- Enter your Current Password. If you received a temporary password from SiteSpect, enter it here.
- Enter your New Password twice.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.